Sunday 21 July 2013

Empties #1 and an Update.

Hello!
 A lot happened in the last few months which meant that my blogging had to take a back seat and it has taken me quite some time to get back into it. I hope its safe to say that my family and I have had enough bad luck for this year!

I've continued to read and enjoy other blogs and have recently properly discovered bloggers on YouTube which wasn't some I was a fan of until recently!

Thankfully this summer has been good which is a relief! I've got my new career as an Occupational Therapist started, as you were aware of, and I've bought a new home with my fiance which I am extraaaa excited about! We move in pretty soon, yay!
I can't wait to start decorating! Its a little two bedroom house in a wee town close to both where me and Mr are from so it couldn't be more perfect really!

Apart from that, I continue to nurture an unhealthy habit for all things beauty, skincare and fashion and I really hope to get stuck in and share it all with you.

I hope you enjoy this post about my used up products of late!


























So recently I've been discovering new products as well as enjoying old favourites!
Here are some of my recent finished products and what I thought about them.

Lush Emotional Brilliance £12

I am always on the lookout for a decent powder as I have quite oily skin and my Tzone almost always becomes shiny as the day goes on. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time at work to touch up my makeup so I like long lasting products that will see me through a tough shift involving a lot of running around and working in a hot ward environment. This powder does not disappoint! It is translucent and sets foundation in place effortlessly. I use my Real Techniques buffing brush across my Tzone and anywhere else I'm likely to have shine and my powder brush lightly across the rest of my face and it works wonders! I've already repurchased!

Make Up Academy Undress Your Skin Flawless Skin Primer £5

I bought this on a whim as I'm often pleasantly surprised with MUA products. They tend to perform very well for the price tag. To be honest I cannot say if this performed as I'd of liked or not.  It definitely creates a smooth base to work with and mixed well with other primers when I needed a little bit of a different base but I don't feel that it made my foundation last any longer that usual. I will probably repurchase as I like to mix it with other products.

Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer £4.99

This is my kind of product! A moisturiser and primer all in one! These kinds of products are great for people who are always in a rush or running late which tend to be me most of the time. I like to apply a primer but if I don't have a current primer I'm enjoying or simply forget I know I'm covered with this. Again, if it actually makes my makeup last longer I'm not all that convinced but it is a fab 2 in 1 effort for ladies in a rush. It does smooth out the skin and is hydrating at the same time! I have recently repurchased.

Mac Brow Set in Beguile £13

Having been after a decent brow product for some time that was of a colour that made me look less shocked and actually lasted more than 5 uses I feel I am, for the moment, settled with Mac's Brow Set. It lasts until I remove it in the evening and stays put, plus it's fairly easy to use once you get the hang of the little spoolie. What's more, Beguile is a beautiful shade which suits my reddy blonde dip dyed locks well and looks natural. I have been tempted to try Show Off as my red is darker than it was previously but I feel my natural brows are too fair for this. I have repurchased recently and continue to enjoy.

Aussie Luscious Long Shampoo £4.49

I have continued to use Aussie products since I discovered them in my first year at Uni. Having been a lover of bleaching my hair the use of the three minute miracle products for damaged hair was my saviour. Since then I have tired the various different ranges and enjoyed them all. Luscious Long paired with an Aussie three minute miracle leaves my hair super soft, smelling amazing and prepped for styling. The Aussie range really offers all kinds of products for a variety of hair types and are so affordable you can't go wrong. I will continue to enjoy Aussie and throw their shampoos and conditioners in my basket as I always have.

Lush Big Sea Salt Shampoo £11.25

I am most certainly a fan of  'Big' hair and will do almost anything to achieve voluminous locks. Lush's Big Shampoo seemed a strange idea however I am open to trying new things. It contains sea salt which it supposed to help your hair become naturally voluminous. It does work however I felt it was variable with the amount of product needed to create a lather. Sometimes I needed very little and other times I had almost a handful. Once you have a lather it continues to foam and it cleans the hair well. You are left with naturally voluminous hair however my hair is dry and damaged therefore holds volume better than naturally fine hair. Could be a hit or a miss for other types of hair. It is quite expensive but its all natural ingredients. If your after Big hair... I'd give it a go. I will repurchase again at some point.


No More White Bits Instant Self Tan Mousse in Dark £2.99

I LOVE this stuff. I've tried so many different tanning products and really grudge paying out lots for them as I use them up so quickly. This is by far the best cheaper self tanner I have come across in a while. It glides on effortlessly with a tanning mit and leaves a beautiful even natural tan that can be built up easily with further layers. It develops over a few hours and the excess can be washed off in the shower but still leaves a beautiful golden colour. It does cling to dry patches, as all self tans do, so I always gently exfoliate before use. It lasts well and can be reapplied days later to top up. I always moisturise to keep it looking fresh. It's on offer in Savers at the moment for £1.99 so I bought three... oops!

So there you have it. My used up products of the moment.What have you finished off recently? Do you recommend any of them? Is there anything you continually repurchase over and over. Leave me a comment to let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Be sure to leave your blog web address so I can check it out! Jo x